At least once in their life, every fashion loving girl needs to watch gossip girl. Some of the most beautiful and effortless looks on TV were sported by Leighton Meester as “Blair Waldorf”. She wore everything from school girl chic to Elie Saab, teaching us “whoever said that money doesn’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop”. However, since not all of our moms are major designers with a seemingly endless supply of money, here’s how to find the find the styles you need to shop for at the stores you love. One dress is not going to look good on every girl, so in order to look your best this spring, you have to pick a dress that is going to look amazing in all the right places.
- This amazing dress Blair wore during her summer trip to the Hamptons is perfect for a summer wedding, garden party, or any spring event you have to attend. We can’t all take our summer vacations at one of New York’s finest destinations, but that doesn’t mean we can’t dress like we are! This spring, if you’re curveless, find a floral dress that hugs your waistline with a eye catching necklace to broaden your shoulders, and you will look dressed to the nines.
- This ensemble is classy and elegant, making a dress like this a spring and summer must. There is a certain beauty in simplicity, especially when it comes to clothing. If you’re looking for something a little more low key to wear to an event, find a solid colored dress in a color that’s going to bring out your eyes and brighten your smile and pair it with a leg flattering
- Can you ever go wrong with navy blue, candy apple red, and a crisp white? The answer is no. Blair was always one to step outside of the boundaries as far as color combinations go, but her nautical look below shows classic colors that always compliment each other. Why is this dress so amazing? The belt on the waist will slim your figure while the tight skirt will bring out your curves in a spectacular way. If you’re more on the short side, find a dress with a slightly longer skirt length, as this will elongate your legs, just don’t forget heels to match!
- Oh, the wonders of a peplum dress. This sultry but sophisticated peplum dress is the one thing missing from everyone’s closet. This style gives the illusion that the waist is smaller, the hips are bigger, and it will make a muffin top disappear like magic. This style works great for virtually any body type, as long as the gathering is right at the waist. The peplum part will hang right over your hips, so if you’re a little late getting ready for bikini season. The high neckline will take away from the size of your arms and bring the attention elsewhere. Invest in one of these dresses!
- Self-conscious about your arms? Fret no longer, Blair’s versatile style is here to save the day. This gorgeous plum number is effortlessly beautiful, and perfect for anyone. The broad and structured sleeve design paired with a high neckline is going to make your arms look splendid
No matter your body type, there is a dress out there for you. Shopping can be frustrating when you feel like nothing looks as flattering on you as it does on the mannequin, so many women give up and wear something drab instead. It is easier to wear something that you know is comfy rather than a dress that you’re going to feel self-conscious in. Use this guide to find a dress that is going to hide your problem areas and in turn, create a beautiful silhouette that will be eye catching and memorable.